- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , any field.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- 10 Full-Time position(s) available.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good command of English
- Good leadership
- Organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and teach
- Good team player and supporter
- Willingness to look for solutions and not for excuses
- Asks questions when instructions are not clear
- Responds appropriately to instructions
- Able to work as part of a team
- Assists when and where needed
- Turn up to work on time, in uniform and well presented
- Confidentiality in all areas
- Lead by example
- Ability to accept a constructive criticism as a way to progress
- Can handle time pressure
- Adapt easily to last minute changes
- Flexible with working overtime at special occasions
ROLE & ABILITIES
- Responsible for the entire day-to-day operations of the laundry facility and its staff ensuring a safe, clean and organized working environment.
- Managing a team of +/- 4 staff working on a rotating shift.
- You will personally be responsible for the family and guest’s personal laundry.
- Your team members will be responsible for all the family and guest linen and all crew uniforms and linen.
- Examine and sort into lots to be cleaned, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches, and other solutions and chemicals to clean, color, dry, or stiffen articles.
- Clean machine filters and lubricate equipment.
- Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special treatment. Advanced stain treatment techniques required
- Advanced knowledge of fabrics – silk, linen, cotton, poly cotton, upholstery etc.
- Help laundry with proper, adequate training and retraining of all laundry staff.
- Maintain a very good communication with your team and housekeeping department.
- This role is a leading role but hands-on. You must always assist your team and be on the floor.
- Required to stand-in as Team Leader in hir/her absence and confidently lead and motivate the team, working independently and in close co-operation with others.
- Keeps supervisors informed of the laundry operation and its technical condition
- To be aware and follow security/fire/safety procedures
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials, linen, towels and other consumables.
- To ensure that property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To know and be able to train regarding the high-end laundry delivery procedures, like use of delivery basket, use of tissue paper and garment folding
- Basic knowledge of sewing procedures (button sewing, hem stitching etc.)
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Years of Experience
Others, General Work
PRAXIS INTERNATIONAL STAFFING AND MANAGEMENT INC. is a Private Employment Agency with POEA License No. 030-LB-101216-PL and License validity from 10/10/2016 to 10/10/2018. An Overseas Recruitment Agency who is licensed to process applicants to work abroad.
Additional Company Information
51 – 200 Employees
Human Resources Management / Consulting