- Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate, any field.
- Intermediate apprenticeship as a furniture restorer
- 2 years in a luxury estate or resort / hospitality
- Full-Time position(s) available.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to work well with others
- Persistence and determination
- The ability to work on your own
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- The ability to come up with new ways of doing things
- The ability to work well with your hands
- Physical skills like movement, coordination, dexterity and grace
- Concentration skills
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
- Good command of English
- Good leadership
- Willingness to learn and teach
- Good team player and supporter
- Willingness to look for solutions and not for excuses
- Asks questions when instructions are not clear
- Responds appropriately to instructions
- Able to work as part of a team
- Assists when and where needed
- Turn up to work on time, in uniform and well presented
- Confidentiality in all areas
- Ability to accept a constructive criticism as a way to progress
- Can handle time pressure
- Adapt easily to last minute changes
- Flexible with working overtime at special occasions
- Great organisational skills.
- Very sociable yet professional.
- Ability to maintain a very positive and friendly attitude.
- Very high attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to develop rapport within a short time frame.
- Neat personal presentation.
- Performing all duties with the sense of priority and dedication, serving in a calm, discrete and courteous manner whilst respecting timing standards.
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a large team and take direction.
- Absolute honesty, integrity, and reliability
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIESThe French Polisher is responsible for using traditional skills to treat wood and restore furniture and items like staircases, doors and musical instruments across the Private Estate.
- Deciding on the type and color of wood stain to use
- Mixing and applying the stain
- Applying french polish and other finishes, like lacquer, paint, varnish, oil or wax
- Repairing furniture
- To ensure that property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times
- Develop and maintain cohesive working relationships within immediate team, wider hotel team and build and maintain rapport with partnering in-house teams.
- Effectively communicate within the department and other internal departments ensuring open communication with department heads.
- Actively participate in continuous individual training and ups-killing of team, provided by the company.
- Assist the management and other Hill Robinson personnel in such other matters as may be reasonably required.
- Attend and participate in daily briefings, meetings, and training sessions as scheduled.
- Maintains exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude as expected in Hill Robinson.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Demonstrate a sound awareness of Health and Safety Guidelines, policies and procedures and ensure procedures are upheld across the department.
- Attractive, Generous and very Competitive Salary Offer
- Live in – all expenses paid
- Free Transportation
- Medical Insurance
- Flight Allowance included (Upon Departure and after completion of Contract)
- UPDATED AND COMPREHENSIVE CV (PDF FILE)
- COVER LETTER (PDF FILE)
- FULL LENGTH PHOTO (PDF FILE)
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Vocational Diploma/Short Course Certificate
Years of Experience
Others, General Work
PRAXIS INTERNATIONAL STAFFING AND MANAGEMENT INC. is a Private Employment Agency with POEA License No. 030-LB-101216-PL and License validity from 10/10/2016 to 10/10/2018. An Overseas Recruitment Agency who is licensed to process applicants to work abroad.
Additional Company Information
51 – 200 Employees
Human Resources Management / Consulting